Sunday 23 July 2017

Am I my Brothers keeper

When you awake at 6 am in the morning to find 7 missed calls from your brother's partner around the 1 am time, you begin to worry if everything is alright. Sunday the 23rd was a morning just like this. After a few messages and phone calls, I find out that my brother Adam has had a very tough night at it. Alinta his partner tells me a story of a very distraught man wandering lost and destitute that night and now finds himself hospitalised. I talk with Mum and Dad about the events that have taken place and how we are able to help out Adam and his family. I know that my Mum is very concerned but also a bit tunnel vision on how we can help him out. Her love for her children cannot be denied but maybe she needs to stand back a little and calm her emotions so that she can provide some proper guidance.

I earnestly pray to my father in heaven and feel a sense of peace and comfort. I feel massively impressed to make contact with Catherine Payze a Psychologist in our ward. Our family is getting ready for Church and Mesha's parents are also staying with us for a few days before moving back to New Zealand.

As we arrive at church and are pulling into a parking spot out by the road, Sister Catherine Payze walks out in front of us. It's raining and she is rushing back to her car. I wind the window down and ask her if she has a minute to talk. She has a very busy morning ahead of her. She is travelling to one ward to speak and then will travel to another ward to conduct some training. She only had popped into Greenmount for a minute or so and it was at the exact time that we were pulling in.

The Lord has blessed us with a miracle. After only a couple of minutes conversation, I receive a witness that this truly is a direct answer to my earlier prayer. Sister Payze suggests we meet with her later that day and that the meeting includes Mum, Dad, and also Alinta. I know they too need some spiritual healing and this meeting will help us consolidate our efforts to help Adam.

A meeting is held later in the day and all attend including Adam who has been released from the hospital. He is tired and sore. It has been a really rough night for him. I can see Alinta is emotionally drained and a little on edge on how to help Adam.

Bishop Armitage conducts the meeting and there is a wonderful spirit there. Sister Payze is amazing and directs the conversations. As time goes on Adam opens up about where he is at. You can see the burden on Alinta begins to be lifted and her anxiety begins to come down. Mum is hesitant, I can tell she is somewhat sceptical of this approach although her loving concern is for her son's welfare. Dad is able to release some of his emotion and express his desire to help Adam. I too express my love for my brother and a willingness to help lift some of the burdens he has.

The spirit is powerful in the meeting and the counsel and guidance are strong. I know that the Lord loves me and has heard and answers my pleading heart through prayer. I know that he will bless my family and will bless my struggling brother..

No comments:

Post a Comment