Sunday 25 June 2017

Meeting an Apostle

This past year we have had some incredibly powerful experiences. Both on a personal and family note. I wish I had been a little more diligent in recording them. It was about 12 months ago that we were in the USA and doing a big road trip, while I had booked to photograph a Wedding over there. Although the Wedding was in the San Francisco area of California, we spend much of our time in other states and in particular in Utah.
In Salt Lake City, we had a marvellous opportunity as a family to meet personally with Apostle Neal Andersen. We met with him in his office. He was a lovely man and I felt his spirit as a true witness of the Saviour. He testimony was powerful and yet so humble. He made us feel special with his Christlike approach. His message was simple and direct. He counselled us to be strong and stay committed to living the gospel even during our hardships. He especially paid attention and gave counsel to our children, encouraging them to be leaders in everything we do. In one special moment, he pulled Cumoram aside and manifested to him that he was a special young man and that he had great responsibilities ahead. I felt the spirit so strongly as he did this, and I know it was a very special moment for Cumoram.
Another special experience we had on the trip was meeting the Tuck family in Salt Lake temple and then a very special blessing I received from Alma, the father of the home as we stayed with them in Clifton Idaho. Although I'm unsure of some of the things that lay in store for me, I had a very special spiritual manifestation, that I was a chosen leader of the Lord to fulfil his work in the days to come.

I am grateful for my testimony of the gospel and the atonement of Christ that enables me to be saved from that which I have done wrong. It's not an easy path and I know it's not just a free handout. I know that I must continue to progress and grow, making improvement each day so that I might fully accept this gift from my Lord and Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment